COVID-19 Update 1 Apr 06 2020
I'm thinking of doing these once a week from now on. Both as a way to document the progress and to share how things are in my part of the world. I debated if i should post these public or not. If you would rather not see these let me know and i'll post them just for me.
I'll be honest that i'm not keeping a very close eye on things as to not get overwhelmed by the grand scale that this has become but i do keep up with it from day to day.
So as of today:
- Gas prices are at an all time low of 0.70CAD/liter 1.88US/Gallon
- Social distancing is being recommended but not really enforced. This is starting to change and be more enforced. It's also mostly left to individual provinces to enforce.
- Seems many people don't get how bad this really is. Still going out to get BBQ's,pools and other non-necessities
- 15,000 cases in Canada
- 101 in my province
- Schools have been closed for 3 weeks and will remain closed for the rest of the school year.
- Only Grocery Stores, Pharmacies, Most gas stations, Most hardware stores, (probably other places i'm forgeting deemed to provide necessities) remain open
- All Restaurants are take-out(Drive-through) or delivery only.
Lets see where things stand next week. Let me know if i should include other stats in my posts.